● Traditional theological seminaries are under the influence of Greek and Roman culture, mainly focusing on theological and academic research. In fact, many teachers in these seminaries lack actual pastoral and ministry experience. Henceforth, there is a widening gap between the workers whom churches expect to hire and the students under training in traditional seminaries.
● 611 Leadership Institute uses the church as its training base. Not only are the teaching staff required to preach sermons, teach, and minister in the church, students can also verify that, what they have been taught in theory, they put into practice. Remarkadly, these trained workers meet the demands of the various church ministries.
2. Hong Kong Based
● Hong Kong is a Gateway City for evangelical ministry work in China. Situated within the border, yet outside of Mainland China, Hong Kong is in a strategic location wherein Chinese Christian leaders from the four regions (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau) may gather together to fellowship. Thus, students of 611 Leadership Institute broaden their horizons as they commit themselves in this diverse ministry and enriching learning environment.
● Hong Kong is also a Gateway City for the work of evangelical ministry in Asia. Being one of the major financial centers in the Asia Pacific, its residents enjoy high-income revenue. Hence, Hong Kong is the most ideal place for using God-given wealth to support the missionary work in Asia. As such, we have the largest number of missionary organizations in Asia, as well.
● Like a shield, Hong Kong is Asia Pacific’s defender of the family in being more superior to Taiwan (where divorce rate is the highest in Asia Pacific), the Philippines (where employment of overseas Domestic Helper results in motherless families), to China (where the one-child policy results in “little-emperor families”), to Indonesia and to Malaysia (where polygamy is allowed in these Muslim countries). 611 Marriage and Family Retreat Camps have helped to build stronger family relations.
3. Blessed with of Mission Work and Church Planting
● Bread of Life Christian Church is under Ling Leung World-Wide Evangelistic Mission and is the first self-reliant, self-governing, and self-supporting evangelical organization founded by Dr. Rev. Timothy S.K. Dzao. Bread of Life Christian Church receives the honor of being the first Chinese church-planting and missionial church.
● Bread of Life Christian Church in Taipei, the Mother Church of 611 Bread of Life Christian Church has been greatly revived by God. In the recent 20 years, they have planted over 400 churches in over 30 countries globally, becoming one of the Chinese churches fastest in planting churches.
● 611 Bread of Life Christian Church has undergone rapid development in the past 14 years. The congregation has grown from just 3 people to over 8,000 today, and there have been 33 churches planted in Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan, Macau, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, India and Cameroon, there have been 33 churches planted. The evangelistic mission and passion have been ignited within the Believers, and hence, 611 has become one of the fastest growing Chinese churches.
4. Anointing of the Holy Spirit
● Many teaching staff of 611 Leadership Institute hold Agape International Leadership Institute Doctorates or Master Degrees in Practical Ministry, Fuller Theological Seminary Doctorate of Philosophy in Theology, Master of Divinity from Europe and Hong Kong’s Ecclesia Bible College, or a Masters in Pentecostal and Charismatic Studies.
● Senior Pastor, Joshua Cheung Yan Nin was the first graduate with a Doctorate in Practical Ministry from Agape International Leadership Institute. He receives the honor of being the firstborn in the revival movement of the Agape International Leadership Institute and has been accredited as the Most Outstanding Alumni.
5. Anointing of the Five-Fold Ministry
● Senior Pastor Joshua Cheung Yan Nin of 611 Bread of Life Christian Church was ordained as an apostle by Dr. Charles Peter Wagner in May 2009. Pastor Joshua also received the vision of “winning Asia” and 18 other countries as the Promised Land.
● 611 Bread of Life Christian Church is amongst the very few Chinese churches that uses the Five-Fold ministry as its organizational structure, thus, likened to New Wine being put into New Wineskins. 611 Leadership Institute emphasizes on teamwork and not individualistic heroism. The church has its foundation laid on apostles and prophets, and together, under the leadership of evangelists, pastors, and teachers, testifies to the mighty work and wonders of God all around for the purpose of equipping His people for works of service, so that the Body of Christ may be built up. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
6. G12 Discipleship Consolidation
● The 611 Leadership Institute differs from traditional seminaries that emphasize on academics. Instead, the Institute underlies the importance of classroom learning while leading G12 Cell Members in committing to the church vision and experiencing the journey in which Jesus led His twelve disciples. (Mathew 10:1)
● Realizing the ideal where, “everybody joins a Cell, everybody leads a Cell,” every Cell Leader assists each and every Cell Member in becoming Cell Leaders themselves, applying Biblical truths and advocating “the priesthood of all believers.” (1 Peter 2:9)
● Every student of the Institute must fulfill the graduation requirements of assisting in two Cell Members becoming Cell Leaders and in expanding their Tribe population by at least 20 people.
7. Foundation of Core Values
● Core Values of the Tree of Life:Grace before Truth; God First, People next, then the Earth; Relationship before Ministry; Spiritual Life before Spiritual Gifts; Obedience before Inspiration; Faith before Reasoning.
● Core Values of the Living Water:Spirit brings Scripture; Spirit brings Service; Spirit brings Sanctification.
8. Balanced Development from our Four Main Series
● The Sanctification Series: Refining life, Becoming Anew, Intimacy with Jesus, and Becoming the Bride of Christ.
● The Scripture Series: Meditating on God’s Law, day and night; Obeying His Commands; Spreading the Gospel Everywhere, and Imitating Jesus, the Word Become Flesh.,
● The Spirit Series: Receiving Power, Having Authority, Following the Holy Spirit, and Testifying of Jesus Christ.
● The Service Series: Receiving Vision, Bearing Mission, Preparing for the Return of Christ with Everything we Are.
9. Reviving Spiritual Life and Serving with Passion
● In 2003, Jesus 100 one hundred consecutive days of Evangelical Outreach was held. In 2005, Holy Spirit 100 one hundred consecutive evenings of Bible Study and Prayer Meeting was held.
● In 2007, Jesus 101 one hundred and one days of Power healing Evangelical Outreach was held. In 2013, the Revival 99 gathering took place. With the complete headcount during the 99 consecutive days totaling 95,819- an average of 968 attendees per gathering, it showed how passionately these Brothers and Sisters sought the Lord.
10. Enlarging the Place of Our Tent and Possessing the Land
● In 2007, upon receiving blessings from God and the generous offerings from Brothers and Sisters, 611 Bread of Life Christian Church purchased the first level of the Wealthy Garden Shopping Arcade. In 2009, God then bestowed the second level of the same Shopping Arcade and, in 2010, the ground level and first level of the Young Ya Industrial Building. From 2011 to 2012, God also gave us the 611 Education Centre situated on the first level of the East Asia Gardens, three dormitory units for our Bible School students, and quarters for our staff members. In 2013, God blessed us once again and we acquired the second level of the Young Ya Industrial Building. In 2014, God gave us yet again a property in Block D platform of Riviera Gardens for the premise of the “Tree of Life Kindergarten”
●Following in the blessings received by 611 Bread of Life Christian Church, many Branch churches of 611 also began to possess land; GA611 became the first to acquire land in a Muslim Country, Malaysia.